Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 28 - FINALLY WE GOT OUT OF DODGE! I mean Oakland - after the lurch to get Red situated, I finished packing.  Ordered an Uber to get to SFO.  Since we are taking check in luggage we had no desire to get to BART first before disembarking at SFO. 


Looks like we are flying over Lake Chabot on our ascent away from California before heading to Reykjavik Iceland. After a sleepless 8 hours (I finished Lean On Pete and watched not one not two but THREE movies) to our two hour layover here,  The first aircraft was a 767, and we were ok with our two seats together.  Seemed like a new aircraft, very clean with TVs that worked.


I have to say landing in Iceland was quite beautiful, right at sunrise.  Plenty of low clouds hiding the volcanic hills and mountains. We vow to return here and do some exploring.



We clambered back on to another 3 hour flight to Copenhagen. The next aircraft was smaller and seating not so great since I was stuck in the middle next to a lady knitting me and hitting my arm with every stitch.  No sleep there even if I tried! Took a cab to our AirBnB, arriving 3:30 pm August 29.  24 hours traveling, no sleep, including a 9 hour time difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment